Here are some of the links we talk about on the show.
In order minimize the impact of USB based viruses we have to disable
the autoplay option. Follow these steps to disable autoplay option in
1. Go to Start, then RUN the following command : gpedit.msc
2. In group policy editor select Administrative Templates under Computer
3. Under Administrative Template select System. On right-side pane you
will see option Turn off Autoplay, select it.
4. Right click on it and select Properties. This opens a window, select
Enabled, then Apply and click OK.
link unlocks locked files
Rogue Spyware list: www.spywarewarrior
Best Free Firewall is ZoneAlarm
MonoWall The Firewall that we mentioned Here is a second web page
Erasing of your hard drive
Tweak UI, AKA Power Toys - a neat useful utility from Microsoft
Daylight Savings Time fix for Windows XP KB931836
Special Virus and Worm removal
Tools from Grisoft
- Chester County Interlink - Free Internet
Service for Chester County Residents: Students, Seniors, and Beginners
More Software Links
This Use with care - read instructions
- removes Hijack statements from Browser
Advisor (reports details about hardware
and software, including serial numbers - a must have)
Make a Bootable CD for your next emergency. It is invaluable! This is free.
Microsoft's Knowledge Base - Technical answers to your problems
FTP File Transfer Program CommanderFTP
Movie Pass information for Saturday July 1st program. Check these web sites: http://profend.com/answers/moviepass7.html and also http://profend.com/answers/moviepass and also http://profend.com/answers/moviepass3.html
Computer Outlet, 2095 Valley Hill Rd,
Malvern, Pa 19355 610-590-0451s
Bee Net (our first & continuing sponsor) 610-280-2274